Monday, April 14, 2014

my one desire



my one desire and my angel fire
light of my life and love of my soul
everyday i want you with me
and never have you go

aspiration dedication
devotion service and love
everything you lived for
came from some source above

I knew the minute I saw you
collapsing on the floor
that heavens gate
was staying open late
to let you through my door

passing letters through the night
empty words that just seem right
trying with all my might
to keep your light in me


i havent got a chance
i know that this is not a dance
but a movement of my life
away from stress and strife

needing you has made it seem
like theres always a place to go
something to do
some love note to you
there's a need to always do more

your the only truth i live for
theres no other way i see
from the moment that i met you
everything else was history

you're my now and tomorrow
for a million years or more
i dont wake up
if im dreaming its you
knocking at my door

but its always next time now
the way you give your love
seeking some resolution
with the spirit from above

the search for truth
has many paths
not all are so clean
i wonder if what i was doing
was all part of someone elses dream

theres no room for other lovers
theres no room on the temple floor
its just a place
for the whole human race
to worship at your door

its right and its wrong
its quick and its long
I haven't figured out
the end to this song
except I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment