Sunday, April 13, 2014

Making my move blues



Making my move blues
i was born on the streets of the city
and i know which way to run
when the cops start heading for me
im public enemy number one

the last time i got busted
it was the big one and the back of the hand
next time i see them coming
i'll take it on the lam

these feets are mighty engines
they know just where to go
when my stomach gets the message
you know i'll have to blow


this town aint got no hold on me
its just a crib and a place to crash
when the time comes to leave it all
i'll grab my wallet and my stash

its been a long time in stir
and i aint going back again
they dont give you no choice
when your out on the street my friend

its selling and stealing
theres no middle way
no job no friends no second chance
its just how much can you put away

im building up the distance
i can afford to fly
by this time tomorrow
i'll be so long gone and
getting mighty high

its been a lifetime of excuses and
a whole lot of mistakes
but next time come
you know i'll be gone
and there wont be any trace


you wont know who i was
or what it is i've done
there'll just be the echo
of the last part of this song

my feets are mighty engines
my heart an open door
i'll fly right through to freedom
and never come back no more
 

No comments:

Post a Comment