Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dust off Blues


Dust off Blues

i started feeling like some traveling
so i got my new shoes out last night
dusted off the cobwebs
and tried em on to feel if its right

i got the dust off blues
want to dust off these dirty shoes
i got the dustin blues mama
seems i gota pay some travelin dues

leaving for frisco
from the oakland side
traveling down to salinas town
across the 101 to hiway 395



got me a driving license
got a passport and visa too
just a hankering to hit the road
and see what i can do

no end to the road in front of me
no end to the road behind
its the dustin off that unsettles me
when i know its travelin time

how did i get so
tied up in the blues
theres just no escaping
when you get those dusty shoes

hit death valley in the springtime
its like a coffin in the ground
flowers popping up everywhere
with just the wind to sing a song

the dust is flying all around
the blues got no hold on me
long as i keep my new shoes on
theres no dust on me

speedometer say half past 5
the radio got no songs
the static sounds like a voice in my head
and the wheels keeps movin on

everyday is the dustin man blues
aint no dust on my new shoes
long as i keep my new shoes on
theres no dust on me

i stop to call my sweetheart
but she dont seem to be answering the phone
i got the dust on me now mama
and i cant be heading home

stop along the roadside
look up and down the road
theres no difference between
where i been and where im goin

one ways as good as another
one town the same like the rest
its just the feel of miles going by
that gets the dustin off my chest

gotta keep doing the dustin boogie
theres no cure for the dustin blues
theres no way to stop the dust from fallin
cept to hit the road and cruise

dust me when the cobwebs gather
dust me when its travelin time
dust me when she's got me tired of waiting
dust me till the car starts flying

the dustin blues are here to stay
and i wont be back no more
the dustin boogie's playing my song
and the road's outside my door

No comments:

Post a Comment