Wednesday, April 16, 2014

here in India

here in India I live in a large fine house with a maid and a gardener. I have as many friends as I have rupees and unlike America they stay true to the coin and do not quit you until you leave the country. even as I prepare to leave the handouts are of prodigious proportions, exceeding even my beggarly income.as the number of westerners is reduced so too is the begging per westerner increased, causing the weight of the lives of hundreds nay thousands of secretly wealthy beggars to be placed directly onto my scales of injustice and tugs upon the string of the razor of dispassion that hangs above me. for in direct negative proportion does my charity grow with the positive growth of the number of beggars approaching.  I am not a miserly man for I support many fine charities in the form of my friends and employees among the residents of tiruvanamalai, and on the occasion of being out in the streets there are certain widows and disfigured amputees and lepers that I am sure to sprinkle the local currency upon. I have also been know to support the alcohol habits of a few aged babas just for the vicarious enjoyment of their inebriation. however I am opposed to women bringing children to the streets and using them as the target of my altruism, especially when I know their real families children are in school in their perfect little uniforms and braided hair with flowers trailing. but like the guru business so to is there the beggar business, you rarely see an indian person giving any rupees to the professionals, but I have seen them give to the ones that are truly sick and /or diseased.  as near as I can tell every indian mans wife daughter mother sister and all their children are in the hospital at least every couple of days and often for very long and serious maladies. it must be true because my visit to one of the local hospitals was highlighted by thousands of Indians lined up inside and out at every nurse station and in front of every door of every doctor for all specialties. so though it may seem unlikely that some ones entire family spends every night at the hospital undergoing amputations operations and continuous injections, its more likely to be the case than not. so for this reason I have funded at least six major operations and dozens of very serious injections to fight off very virulent infections and dislocations as well as fractures. life in india somehow goes on and luckily, medical care is much cheaper than in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment